The Media Campaign unit began operations in 2013, with the goal of supporting individual and institutional teams working on human rights media campaigns.
This unit organizes and carries out media campaigns in cooperation with organizations and individuals wishing to create media campaigns on subjects that are in accordance with our goals. The team works with individuals and organizations to define goals and plan a time frame for implementation, along with contributors to the promotion of the campaign.
Since March of this year, our unit has been running a media campaign designed to increase awareness of violence against women, including a poster design competition and participation in the production of a short film on the oppression of women. In an expansion of this unit’s operations, two courses on media campaigns have been designed, and they have included the participation of more than 50 students and community activists from Northern Israel, the ‘Triangle’ region, and in the Naqab.
Productions of the campaign unit include:
- “Design against Violence”: Creating the best poster in the fight against violence on women (2013).
- “Just Don’t Undress Us”: Fighting humiliating airport and transit racial profiling by the security establishment (2013).
- “That’s Not it’s Name": Preserving the Arabic names of towns and cities in Israel (2013).
- “Our Heritage is at Risk”: A campaign calling on Palestinian youth to preserve their heritage (2013).
- “The Need for Savings for Retirement”: A campaign to increase awareness among women of the necessity to contribute to a pension fund (2013).
- “Volunteering”: A campaign to encourage young Arabs to volunteer in their communities (2013).
- “Say No to Harassment”: A campaign against sexual harrasment (2013).